Iora to open four Iora Primary Care practices exclusive to Humana Medicare Advantage members, designed to improve members’ health and well-being. September 16, 2014 11:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time – PHOENIX & SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Improved health and more coordinated care for Medicare Advantage members is the goal behind a new Accountable Care arrangement and population… Read More ›
By Michael Tetreault, Editor SEPTEMBER 29, 2014 – The direct primary care marketplace is just like any other industry — it has many success stories, but it also has a few stories of woe. When choosing a direct pay doctor, there is an entirely set of new questions that you want to be sure you… Read More ›
By Zachary Zagger Law360, New York (September 19, 2014, 4:22 PM ET) – The Internal Revenue Service on Friday published final regulations on applying the Affordable Care Act’s $500,000 deduction limit for remuneration provided by certain health insurance providers, adopting proposed rules making certain insurance providers take deductions in the year the services are provided… Read More ›
By Michael Tetreault, Editor, The Direct Primary Care Journal (DPC Journal) SEPTEMBER 22, 2014 – In a recent interview between The Direct Primary Care Journal (DPC Journal) and The American Academy of Private Physicians (AAPP), President, Dr. Matthew Priddy stated that the industry’s association is focusing on five key areas. Those include: legal compliance for… Read More ›
This Visualizing Health Policy provides a snapshot of the role of Medicare Advantage plans, an alternative to traditional Medicare, including information about the proportion of Medicare beneficiaries who are enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans, geographic differences in Medicare Advantage penetration, the trend of increasing enrollment in Medicare Advantage plans, and the concentration of enrollment within… Read More ›
- POLICY and LAW: ‘Colbeck health bill passes Senate committee.’
- The Canada Health Act guarantees that essential physician and hospital services are paid for by the government, but there is variation across provinces for what is considered an “essential health service” — and even who delivers the care or where care is delivered.
- Goodman: How Should We Pay For Health Care? Government Or Markets?
Dr. Albert Fuchs: Fixing a Broken Model, Part 1 of 2 By Loryn Okken SEPTEMBER 29, 2014 – “It’s all about deciding who you want to work for. I don’t want to work for Medicare or Blue Cross or Blue Shield. I want to work for my patients.”- Dr. Albert Fuchs It has been 7… Read More ›
- Lamberts, MD: ‘Thank you, sir, for letting me into your home. Thank you for trusting me when you didn’t want to trust a doctor.’
- ONE YEAR AGO … “DPC Journal Spotlight” Nextera Healthcare donates primary care to benefit three local families in need
- Maine Medical Association Holding Direct Primary Care Workshop for Maine Physicians
Business Radio X® Features Atlanta Physician, Dr. Ellie Campbell and DPCJ Editor — Introduces DPC to Thousands(0)
“The Doctors Roundtable” on Business Radio X® Features Atlanta-area Direct Care Physician, Dr. Ellie Campbell and Editor of The Direct Primary Care Journal — Introduces Direct Care to Thousands JUNE 28, 2013 – Where did the preferred old days of extended doctor –patient relationships go, in today’s healthcare system? Many are not only asking the… Read More ›